Quick tips for krushing your morning workouts!
Hey y’all! I hope you had an AWESOME Christmas with your families. Are you a morning person? I have NO PROBLEM getting up to train my clients first thing in the morning, but getting up to do my own workouts first thing is another story.
Real talk about morning workouts.
It takes A LOT of motivation to roll out of bed and hit the weights (even if you’re a trainer, like me!). Even though this is a sticky situation for a lot of us, I have some tips for making early morning workouts a little easier to get to.
Morning Workouts - Let's get 'em done!
1. Lay out your clothes the night before (or, sleep in your workout clothes). The fewer decisions you have to make in the morning, the quicker you can get going.
2. Plan your workout the night before.
- If you’re doing a DVD, have it in the DVD player already.
- If you’re using a written out plan/program, have it printed or written out in a place you can easily get to it.
3. Set MULTIPLE alarms. Personally (real talk, here) I set three alarms. You can physically put your alarm in another room so you have to get up and get going to turn it off (ain’t nobody gonna listen to an alarm going off in the next room forever!)
4. Put your phone in another room before bed. I know how it works! You get a notification, then you have to check all your other apps and messages. Then, just before you put your phone down, you get ANOTHER notification. Then, what happens? The madness starts over. Give yourself a limit (example, 10:00pm) and put the phone away for the night. The sky is not going to fall if you put your phone away and go to sleep with notifications left on your screen. Just do it!
5. Get an accountability partner. We’re much more likely to show up and give it our best when another person or group is depending on us to do so. There is strength in numbers, for reals! If you need an accountability group – my Fit From Home program is a fantastic way to have built-in accountability (on your schedule and from the comfort of your own home!).
I hope you can put these tips to use and KNOCK OUT some awesome morning workouts in 2016! The sooner you get it done during the day, the less time you have to think about it.
Keep krushing it!!